[R] Course***R/S-plus Programming Techniques in Raleigh, February 26-27

elvis@xlsolutions-corp.com elvis at xlsolutions-corp.com
Tue Feb 10 20:10:33 CET 2004

   XLSolutions Corporation ([1]www.xlsolutions-corp.com) is proud
   to announce February-March 2004 2-day "R/S-plus Fundamentals and
   Programming
   Techniques".
   ****Raleigh, NC --------------------> February, 26,27

   Interested in our R/Splus Advanced Programming course?  Please email
   us!
   Reserve your seat now at the early bird rates! Payment due AFTER the
   class.

   Course Description:
   This two-day beginner to intermediate R/S-plus course focuses
    on a broad spectrum of topics,
   from reading raw data to a comparison of R and S. We will learn
   the essentials of data manipulation, graphical visualization
   and R/S-plus programming. We will explore statistical data analysis
   tools,including graphics with data sets. How to enhance your plots.
   We will perform basic statistics and fit linear regression models.
   Participants are encouraged to bring data for interactive sessions

   With the following outline:
   - An Overview of R and S
   - Data Manipulation and Graphics
   - Using Lattice Graphics
   - A Comparison of R and S-Plus
   - How can R Complement SAS?
   - Writing Functions
   - Avoiding Loops
   - Vectorization
   - Statistical Modeling
   - Project Management
   - Techniques for Effective use of R and S
   - Enhancing Plots
   - Using High-level Plotting Functions
   - Building and Distributing Packages (libraries)

   Early Bird Research: $995 (Includes course materials and snacks);
   Email us for group discounts.
   Email Sue Turner: [2]sue at xlsolutions-corp.com
   Phone: 206-686-1578
   Visit us: [3]www.xlsolutions-corp.com/training.htm
   Please let us know if you and your colleagues are interested in this
   classto take advantage of group discount. Register now to secure your
   seat!
   Interested in R/Splus Advanced course? email us.

   Cheers,
   Elvis Miller, PhD
   Manager Training.
   XLSolutions Corporation