[R] RConsole

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Feb 10 08:37:50 CET 2004

Liaw, Andy wrote:

> On Windows, I suppose?  Save the Rconsole file in the etc subdirectory under
> where you installed R.
>
> HTH,
> Andy
>

>>From: Marcos Sanches
>>
>>	I changed my R console configurations, for example, the letters
>>are white, the background is black, etc,... Then I saved this new
>>configuration. What should I do if I want to have this new
>>configuration
>>everytime I open R?
>>
>>	TIA

See also ?Rconsole which tells you:

"There are system copies of these files in 'R_HOME\etc’. Users can have
personal copies of the files: these are looked for in the location given
by the environment variable R_USER. The system files are read only if a
corresponding personal file is not found.

If the environment variable R_USER is not set, the R system sets it to
HOME if that is set (stripping any trailing slash), otherwise to
{HOMEDRIVE}{HOMEPATH} if HOMEDRIVE is set otherwise to the working
directory."

Uwe Ligges