[R] data.frame to matrix

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Feb 9 22:16:13 CET 2004

Dear Gustavo,

To fill in other list members, this is occurring with code written to
augment the Rcmdr package.

The problem is that .numeric is a vector of names of numeric variables
in the "active data set" (data frame) maintained by Rcmdr, it is not
itself a data frame. Consequently, your varstemp is also a vector of
names, which could be used to index the active data set, whose name is
stored in .activeDataSet.

I hope that this helps,
 John