[R] I am totally lost on how to install R . . .

Mike Prager Mike.Prager at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 5 22:35:15 CET 2004

At 02:19 PM 2/5/2004, Shoultz, Gerald wrote:
>First . . . SUBSCRIBE (I want to subscribe to the list).
>
>Second, I am trying to install R on windows XP.  In looking at the
>instruction manual I get the following:
>
>The simplest way is to use 'rw1081.exe' or 'miniR.exe'. Just
>double-click on the icon
>and follow the instructions. If you installed R this way you can
>uninstall it from the Control Panel.
>
>How do I get the "rw1081.exe" or "miniR.exe"?

With a Web browser, go to Google.  Type in

r cran statistics

The link for CRAN will come up.  Click on it.

Look at "procompiled binary distributions."

You will find the link to download rw1081.exe.  Download it, click on it,
and the program will self-install.

Do NOT use the .tgz file as it is for Unix.  Ordinary users on Windows
don't need it.

Does that help?