[R] Savitzky-Golay smoothing for reflectance data

Jesus Frias Jesus.Frias at dit.ie
Thu Feb 5 19:04:49 CET 2004

Hi,
	Quote:

	"The Savitzky-Golay smoothing turns out to be exactly equivalent to fitting
data to a polynomial as described" (Skoog, Holler and Nieman, Principles of
Instrumental Analysis, pp 111)

	While R is not a tool for instrumental analysis, I am sure you can find
smoothing methods that will suit your problem in R (there are plenty of
them). There is a thread on this topic on this from March 2003 where Andy
Liaw points to the KernSmooth package.

http://maths.newcastle.edu.au/~rking/R/help/03a/2995.html

all the best,

Jesus

Jesús María Frías Celayeta
School of Food Sci. and Env. Health.
Faculty of Tourism and Food
Dublin Institute of Technology
Cathal Brugha St., Dublin 1. Ireland
Phone: +353 1 4024459 Fax: +353 1 4024495
http://www.dit.ie/DIT/tourismfood/science/staff/frias.html

This message has been scanned for content and
viruses by the DIT Information Services MailScanner
Service, and is believed to be clean.
http://www.dit.ie