[R] problem building R on HPUX 11.23

Charles F. Fisher chuck at bureau13.cc.uky.edu
Mon Feb 2 19:29:14 CET 2004

When building the X11 modules under HPUX 11.23 I get the following errors

ld: Unsatisfied symbol "Rf_isNull" in file dataentry.lo
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "Rf_length" in file dataentry.lo
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "Rf_warningcall" in file devX11.lo
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "UNIMPLEMENTED" in file dataentry.lo
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "R_alloc" in file devX11.lo
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "R_GlobalEnv" in file dataentry.lo
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "R_setX11Routines" in file devX11.lo
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "Rf_devNumber" in file devX11.lo
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "Rf_elt" in file devX11.lo
ld: Unsatisfied symbol "R_NaInt" in file dataentry.lo

I assume I need to link in an R library built earlier; which library would
I need?

Please reply directly, as I am not on the list.

Thanks
Chuck Fisher
chuck at uky.edu