[R] How to interpret and modify "plot.svm"?

Frank Duan fhduan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 05:39:32 CET 2004

Thank you, Dr. Meyer. I updated the e1071 package but still can't find
the other three arguments for plot.svm. In addition, I can plot a
gray-colored contour region by adding the argument "col = c(gray(0.2),
gray(0.8))". But I failed to change those colored "x" or "o" points
into the shapes I want. Basically, I don't want to have any color in
the plot. Could you give me a hint how to do that?

The code I am using to plot the gray-contour figure is:

m <- svm(****, data = mydata)
plot(m, mydata, col = c(gray(0.2), gray(0.8)))

Thank you very much and Merry Xmas.

Frank