[R] Union of list elements

Patrick Meyer patrick.meyer at internet.lu
Fri Dec 17 21:43:47 CET 2004

It does not exactly do what it is meant to... Instead of breaking down,
my code is looping forever now... I think I will have a deeper look at
it tomorrow...

In fact, I have two lists: let's say L and N.

An elements (or set) of N must be added to L, if and only if it is not a
subset of an element of L.

I think that the code you wrote does that, for each element of separately.

Couldn't this be a solution: add all the elements of N to L, and
afterwards eliminate the sets which are present more than once? How
could one eliminate these sets?

Thanx for your help...

P.