[R] How can I take anti log of log base 2 values in R

BXC (Bendix Carstensen) bxc at steno.dk
Fri Dec 17 16:23:03 CET 2004

This is a math question, from a very early course in analysis:

Any two logarithms are proportional, so:

log10(x) = K log2(x) for any x

In particular for x=2, and since log2(2)=1:

log10(2) = K

so we have in general:

log10(x) = log10(2) * log2(x)

The antilog for the natural log is exp(x),
for the base 2 log it is 2^x and
for the base 10 log it is 10^x.

Bendix Carstensen
----------------------