[R] na.omit argument in gls()

Satoshi Takahama takahama at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Dec 16 19:12:29 CET 2004

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could tell me what happens when you use
na.omit in the gls() function in library(nlme) when you assume a
correlation structure for the errors:

gls(Y ~ X1 + X2 + X3, data=sample.data, na.action=na.omit,
correlation=corARMA(p=1))

Is na.omit is an appropriate argument to use in this case? There is
considerable information I could find about imputing missing data -
which I have done to determine that the autocorrelation is approximately
AR(1) - but I have not found any literature on whether it is then
acceptable to omit the imputed data and just use observed measurements
for generalized least squares after the correlation structure has been
determined. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Satoshi

___
Satoshi Takahama