[R] bootstrap package

Brian D Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Dec 13 13:02:09 CET 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Kjetil Brinchmann Halvorsen wrote:

> Fredrik Lundgren wrote:
>
> > Hello R'ers
> >
> > In previous versions of R (I now use 2.0.1) there was a package
> > "bootstrap". I wrote some programs that depended heavily on this
> > package but can unfortunately not find it on Cran today. Is there any
> > way to find an older version of "bootstrap" and use it with the new
> > version - 2.0.1?
>
> Bootstrap should have been in the "Orphaned" subdierctory on CRAN, but
> is'nt there?
> What happened?

Things are not done retrospectively.  Package bootstrap (and multiv) was
orphaned before the "Orphaned" subdirectory was instituted.

More a question of `what didn't happen' ....

> It can be found in the "Archive" subdirectory, thoug.

The fact that it is no longer in the main area indicates that it probably
does not pass R CMD check with 2.0.x.

Note to Fredrik Lundgren: it is open to you to take over as maintainer:
see Orphaned/README.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk