[R] Strange error from R CMD INSTALL

Ray Brownrigg ray at mcs.vuw.ac.nz
Wed Dec 8 20:26:22 CET 2004

> Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:33:22 -0400
> From: Kjetil Brinchmann Halvorsen <kjetil at acelerate.com>
>
> I am trying to install a local package and get this unexpected
> error:
>
> ---------- Making package UMSA ------------
>   adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
>   installing R files
>   installing data files
>   installing man source files
>   installing indices
> Error: couldn't find function "na.omit"
> Execution halted
>
> na.omit of course is in package stats, and that is listed in the
> Depends field in the DESCRIPTION file.

Check what is in your data directory.  Does something in there use
(implicitly) na.omit?

I have seen something like this (since 2.0.0) where a .R file in the
data/ directory used a function within the package, but that function
was not 'available' at the "installing indices" phase of the
check/build.

Ray Brownrigg