[R] memory problem

Samuel Kemp sam.kemp2 at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 8 12:28:35 CET 2004

Hi,

I am trying to run a very computationally expensive procedure in
R-2.0.0. and the process always gets killed after approx 8 minutes. This
procedure calls some of my own C++ code - in case it was this code
causing a memory leak I unload and then reload the .so file every time,
however I still get the same problem. The procedure is run 16000 times
and always calls the lm() function. My believe at the moment is that I
need to allocate more memory for R - is this correct? I did try envoking
R from the command line using R --min-vsize=1000M, however still no luck.

I have googled around and looked at the help files, but I am still
confused about how to fix this problem.

Any insight would be greatly appeciated.

Kind Regards,

Sam.