[R] ess in Windows (newbie Q)

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 11:24:40 CET 2004

The basic problem is that ESS is not being loaded.  To find the init
file, pull down the "Help" menu item and I believe that there is an
entry "Edit Init File" (or similar -- I don't have access to (X)Emacs
right now).

Alternatively, after starting Emacs, open up:

~/.emacs

and put it there (it will select your home directory for you).

i.e. C-x C-f ~/.emacs
or

     M-x find-file <ret> ~/.emacs

Apologies for being pedantic, if that happens to be the case.

best,
-tony