[R] Missing Values

Yves Magliulo ym at climpact.com
Mon Dec 6 17:15:52 CET 2004

about the way you import your data in R :
if you have a large data set in EXCEL, you should rather save it
directly in EXCEL in csv format with tab or ";" separator for instance,
leting your missing value blank or empty cells.

->then with ?read.table or ?read.csv, you should not have trouble to
import your data (see option in help pages).
na.string option will convert for you your missing value in NA.

you could also do it directly from excel to R :
cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-data.pdf for more info

yves Magliulo, PARIS