[R] tree class in R?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Mon Dec 6 05:52:09 CET 2004

DFARRAR <DFARRAR <at> vt.edu> writes:

:
: I am trying to store a couple numbers for each partition, in a subset of the
: partitions
: of my data set.  Of course, one can accomplish this using a binary tree.
(The
: first split is on
: inclusion/exclusion of the first object, and so on.)  I can probably
simulate
: a tree using
: vectors.  (One vector gives the index of left child node, another the index
of
: the right child node.)
: However, it seems like there must be a useful class associated with the
: clustering
: or recursive partitioning procedures, perhaps not out there for everyone to
: see.  I poked around
: on the R page and didn't see anything that clearly met my needs very
directly.
:  I hope I would not
: have to learn recursive partitioning in R to find what I need.

Do a search of the r-help archives.  There was binary tree code posted
within the last year.