[R] How about a mascot for R?

Kjetil Brinchmann Halvorsen kjetil at acelerate.com
Fri Dec 3 16:03:01 CET 2004

Philippe Grosjean wrote:

>I'd vote for the inchworm because what is more representative to stat? The
>Gauss curve, of course! What looks like a Gauss curve? The inchworm:

Erling B. Andersen tells in his paper in "Rasch Models: Foundations,
Recent Developments, and Applications"
edited by  G. H. Fischer and I. W. Molenaar:
"Georg Rasch had a very obvious animosity towards the normal
distribution. At certain occasions, when we had all
consumed a generous amount of alcohol, he would invite all persons
present to a party on his front lawn to burn all books containing the
word 'normal distribution'."

Kjetil