[R] How about a mascot for R?

Andrew Robinson andrewr at uidaho.edu
Fri Dec 3 01:14:55 CET 2004

My handy copy of the Oxford English Dictionary attributes the
association that you quote, including the reference to lepping, to
Yule and Kendall 1937, p. 165.  The entry is under "platykurtic".

Andrew

--
Andrew Robinson                      Ph: 208 885 7115
Department of Forest Resources       Fa: 208 885 6226
University of Idaho                  E : andrewr at uidaho.edu
PO Box 441133                        W : http://www.uidaho.edu/~andrewr
Moscow ID 83843                      Or: http://www.biometrics.uidaho.edu
No statement above necessarily represents my employer's opinion.