[R] A possible way to reduce basic questions

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Dec 2 01:38:23 CET 2004

Jim Lemon <bitwrit at ozemail.com.au> writes:

> One theme of such questions is "I want to do this, is there a function to do
> it?" These usually receive the:
>
> ?something
>
> reply if the respondent is in a good mood.

Notice however, that any respondent worth his salt usually checks
whether the relevant information is actually on that help page, reads
the post again and gives a few thoughts to whether ?something should
be sufficient to get the poster on track. Usually takes at least a
couple of minutes. (And, given email delays, the responder often finds
half an hour later that 6 other people did likewise.)