[R] Re: Protocol for answering basic questions

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Dec 1 19:33:20 CET 2004

      Our great-great grandchilren as yet unborn may read some of the
stupid questions and / or answers that I and perhaps others give from
time to time.  I'd rather get flamed for saying something stupid in
public on this list than to continue to provide substandard service to
the people with whom I work because I perpetrated the same mistake in an
environment in which no one questioned so effectively my errors.

      Best Wishes,
      spencer

michael watson (IAH-C) wrote:

>Here here!
>
>Getting flamed for asking dumb questions on a public mailing list is all part of growing up and being a man/woman.  We've all been there, and quite frankly, even the most basic questions on R-Help get a decent answer from someone, and all for free, so who cares if you get a bit of rudeness or not!
>
>Next we'll be seeing lawsuits being brought against people on R-Help for not being polite enough.  You couldn't make it up!

Spencer Graves, PhD, Senior Development Engineer
O:  (408)938-4420;  mobile:  (408)655-4567