[R] Newbie Question: Spatial Autocorrelation with R Tutorial?

Jeff Hollister jeff at edc.uri.edu
Wed Aug 25 20:26:42 CEST 2004

Howdy All,

I am looking for some good tutorials (books, websites, whatever) for calculating/testing for Spatial Autocorrelation using R.

Specifically, I am wanting to test for autocorrelation of a number of variables measured at a set of discrete locations.

Up to this point I have been exploring the "spdep" package and I can get "moran.test" to work, but I am concerned that somewhere along the line I may not be doing things correctly.  Hence my request for a tutorial so that I may brush up on my autocorrelation basics, specifically autocorrelation with R, and reassure myself that the results I am getting aren't bogus.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Jeff Hollister

Jeffrey William Hollister
Ph.D. Candidate