[R] Suggestion for posting guide

Tony Plate tplate at blackmesacapital.com
Fri Aug 20 18:05:28 CEST 2004

When I originally compiled the posting guide many people felt that it
should be kept as concise as possible, so that its length would not
discourage people from reading it.  (It probably ended up too long
anyway.)  So I wouldn't really recommend adding a section of this length
too it.

That said, a question posted with a good example that can be cut and pasted
directly into R is far easier to respond to, so it does seem like a good
idea to help people create such things.  If someone (Gabor?) wanted to
create a page on how to provide good examples in posts, the people who
control what gets put on the R-project site might be willing to put it up
there, and a link to it from the posting guide would seem like a good idea.

Tony Plate