[R] Survey analysis of repeated relationships?

"Jens Oehlschlägel" joehl at gmx.de
Fri Aug 20 10:55:30 CEST 2004

I just discovered the great piece of software that is available with the
survey package. Many thanks and 'Hats off' to Thomas Lumley.

While package survey covers analysis of features of objects sampled (in
clusters, strata) I could not find analysis of features of repeated
relationsships between sampled objects (in clusters, strata). My
understanding is that it is not adequate to treat relationships as sampled
by themselves, because correlations between relationships introduced by
repeated involvement of the same objects would underestimate variability.

Can anyone point me to software/literature/people dealing with estimating
variance / estimating sample size of such surveys?

Best regards

Jens

P.S. two examples follow

Professional Talks
==================
Strata:                  Professions
Sampled Objects:         Professionals
Repeated Relationships:  Make some of them talk to each other such that
                         one Professional is involved in several talks
                         (to different other professionals and possibly
                         several times to the same)
Features:                Binary evaluation of talk
Analysis target:         Fraction of 'good' talks
                         - for each combination of professions
                         - in overall population

TCP Network Time
================
Strata:                  Geographic regions
Sampled Clusters:        Towns
Sampled Objects:         Routers
Features:                package travel times (or hop numbers)
Analysis target:         Average travel times
                         - for each combination of towns
                         - for each combination of geographic regions
                         - in the overall population

--
NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail