[R] Fortran 90 in R?

Christian T. Steigies cts at debian.org
Thu Aug 19 15:17:27 CEST 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 01:50:47PM +0100, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Ben Yip wrote:
>
> > I am using Fortran 77 g77 compiler to write Fortran subprogram to R. I
> > would like to change and write Fortran 90 code instead (no more
> > specification of matrix!).  Does gcc support Fortran 90?
>
> Isn't that a question for a gcc-help list?  Take a look at
> http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/ or do your own Googling.

man g77
[...]
       -ff90
           Allow certain Fortran-90 constructs.

           This option controls whether certain Fortran 90 constructs are
           recognized.  (Other Fortran 90 constructs might or might not be
           recognized depending on other options such as -fvxt,
           -ff90-intrinsics-enable, and the current level of support for
           Fortran 90.)

Christian