[R] pdf font encoding

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Aug 19 13:50:16 CEST 2004

Dear all.

This is probably more PDF then R issue but anyway, maybe
somebody can help me.

I try to persuade pdf device to use eastern european (Czech)
encoding but I was not successful yet. Working on W 2000, R
1.9.0, lattice plots.

pdf("redprov.pdf", width = 5, height = 5, bg="white",
family="Times", encoding="WinAnsi")

The characters are OK when using other devices (screen, png, ...)
but in case of pdf, some characters are not correctly shown nor
printed.

After reading help pages and some archives I understand I shall
change encoding and/or font but after I used several combinations
without making any progress I gave up. Shall I install some other
encoding and/or fonts?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Petr Pikal