[R] Question from Newbie on PostScript and Multiple Plots

partha_bagchi@hgsi.com partha_bagchi at hgsi.com
Fri Aug 13 18:50:24 CEST 2004

Have you looked at ?par("mfrow") ?

"Johnson, Heather" <hjohnson at cbmi.pitt.edu>
Sent by: r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch
08/13/2004 12:28 PM

        To:     "'r-help at lists.R-project.org'" <r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
        cc:
        Subject:        [R] Question from Newbie on PostScript and Multiple Plots

Hi,

As I'm pretty new to R I hope this question isn't too basic.

I am currently looping through my dataset and for each iteration am
producing three separate plots.  When I output these plots to the screen
they are nicely grouped as three plots per page, however, when I try to
send
it to a PostScript file I get one page for each plot.  I have adjusted my
postscript options so that my plots are the size that I want and the paper
is set to portrait, I just can't figure out how to get all three plots on
one page in the postscript file.  I've been through the archives on the
list
(albeit not exhaustively) and the manuals available on the R site and
cannot
figure out how to solve my problem.

Thanks,
-Heather