[R] Object oriented programming resources

Matthew Walker m.g.walker at massey.ac.nz
Fri Aug 13 04:55:49 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm looking for resources to read about the object-oriented features of R.

I have looked through the "Manuals" page on r-project.org.  The most
useful of the documents seemed to be the "draft of the R language
definition".  However it had only about 6 pages on the topic.

I have also used Google, but my problem here is that "R" appears in a
*lot* of webpages!  I tried limiting the search by using
"site:r-project.org", but didn't find anything very useful.

Specifically, I'm trying to find information on "member variables" (I
think that's the correct term), as I'd like to copy this concept from C++:

class a {
private:
  int x;  // I think the term for this is a member variable
};

Thanks for your thoughts,

Matthew