[R] Error Using pm.getabst()

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 12 23:28:24 CEST 2004

You will almost surely do better to ask about Bioconductor packages on
the Bioconductor mailing list. Next, it is helpful to know what
versions of things you are using.

As for your problem, did you look to see what kind of object absts is?
There seems to be no default method for xmlRoot, and it is likely that
the call to create the absts object failed (prior to this). You might
want to try stepping through the commands, one at a time and checking
each step. Often, the problem arises because you have not properly set
up your connection to the internet and so none of the querying
software will work.

  Robert

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 08:20:10PM +0000, larsenmtl at comcast.net wrote:
> R Users:
>
> After installing Bioconductor, RSXML and all the relevant Win32 DLLs (libxml2, zlib, iconv), I receive the following error message when using pm.getabst()
>
> Error in xmlRoot(absts) : no applicable method for "xmlRoot"
>
> I receive this when using the example from help(pm.getabst).
>
> Downloading the target XML file, parsing it with xmlTreeParse and applying xmlRoot returns no error.
>
> Your thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Mark Larsen

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |