[R] RE: Giving a first good impression of R to Social Scientists

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Thu Aug 12 18:14:07 CEST 2004

Rau, Roland <Rau <at> demogr.mpg.de> writes:

> 	Yes, I do know the R-Commander. But I did not want to give them a
> GUI but rather expose them to the command line after I demonstrated that the
> steep learning curve in the beginning is worth the effort for the final
> results.

Note that Rcmdr displays all the underlying generated R code that does
the analysis as it runs so you are exposed to the command line.  This
might pique the interest of students wishing to learn more while giving
an easy-to-use and immediately useful environment for those who just want
to get results in the shortest most direction fashion.