[R] How to import specific column(s) using "read.table"?

F Duan f.duan at yale.edu
Tue Aug 10 21:55:45 CEST 2004

Thanks a lot.

Your way works perfect. And one more tiny question related to your codes:

My data file has many columns to be omitted (suppose the first 20 ones), but I
found "scan(myfile, what=list(rep(NULL, 20), rep(0, 5))" doesn't work. I had to
to type "NULL" 20 times and "0" five times in the "list(...)".

But anyway, it works and saves a lot of memory for me. Thank you again.

Frank