[R] hclust-segmentation fault

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 9 17:02:29 CEST 2004

    MarioM> I am getting the "Segmentation fault" when using
    MarioM> hclust in R-1.9.1 running under SuSe 9.0 64-bit
    MarioM> kernel on a dual opteron system with 8G of RAM.  I
    MarioM> was wandering if anybody could offer any insight?

{ where will you get when "wandering" around?  :-) }

I have seen other problematic behavior on a 64-bit kernel Linux
on the Opteron though not with SuSE and only with R-devel (R-2.0.0-unstable)

Can you give a reproducible example please
(as the posting guide asks you to)?

Martin Maechler