[R] Time zones

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Aug 9 03:59:28 CEST 2004

I am analysing some data collected over a number of months from Allentown,
PA, which is just north of Philadelphia. I am using as.POSIXct for dates
and times, and I need to get the timezone specification correct.

Going on the documentation for DateTimeClasses, I believe one way to
specify the correct time zone is

tz="EST5EDT"

I would be grateful for any advice on this. I ask because I haven't been
able to find a list of all the possible time zones or formats that can be
used. I have done a bit of googling without to much success.

I have read Gabor's article in the recent R Newsletter too.

David Scott
David Scott	Department of Statistics, Tamaki Campus
 		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
 		Auckland	NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 373 7599 ext 86830		Fax: +64 9 373 7000
Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz

Graduate Officer, Department of Statistics