[R] (REPOST) Simple main effects in 2-way repeated measure ANOVA

Giuseppe Pagnoni gpagnon at emory.edu
Sun Aug 8 23:00:41 CEST 2004

Hi all

I am running a 2-way repeated measure anova with 1 between-subjects
factor (Group=treatment, control), and 1 within-subject factor (Time of
measurement: time1, time2).  I extract the results of the anova with:

summary(aov(effect ~ Group*Time + Error=Subj/Time, data=mydata))

Now, this must be clearly a dumb question, but how can I quickly
extract in R all the post-hoc t-tests for the simple main effects?

Also, while I am at it, how do I enter in the model a counfounding
covariate (e.g., Age)?

And on a different matter, is there a way to receive interactive user
input in an R script? Something like "Enter the name of  the factor:
", or even more simply "Press <Enter> to see the result of the next
analysis"....

thanks in advance for any suggestions!

    giuseppe

Giuseppe Pagnoni
Dept. Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Emory University
1639 Pierce Drive, Suite 4000
Atlanta, GA, 30322
tel: 404.712.8431