[R] R interface to Python (in Windows)

Hector Villafuerte hec.villafuerte at telgua.com.gt
Thu Aug 5 22:58:19 CEST 2004

Hi,
I'm trying to install RPY (to interface Python and R).
This are the programs installed in my PC:
R - 1.9.0
Python - 2.3.4
pywin32 - 201
rpy - 0.3.5 (I'm using the executable version)

Everything installs nice, but when I try to use RPY a message box
appears with this cryptic note:
"The procedure entry point malloc could not be located in the dynamic
link library R.dll"

And then this shows in the interactive session:
 >>> import rpy
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<input>", line 1, in ?
File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\rpy.py", line 55, in ?
import _rpy
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Hector