[R] [R ESS]

Jason Turner jasont at indigoindustrial.co.nz
Thu Apr 29 01:15:18 CEST 2004

Erin Hodgess wrote:

> Dear ESS/R People:
>
> I installed ESS as per the directions on the ESS page from
> the R-Gui Page.
>
> When I start Xemacs/ESS, the scratch window comes up but
> no R.  Also, the special function button do not come up.

If the R bin folder is on your path (something like c:\Program
Files\R\rw1091\bin), and ess is loaded, then it should be as simple as
M-x R (I typically type ESC x R <enter>, because "Alt" is in an awkward
place on my laptop).  If that doesn't work, then ess probably isn't
being loaded.  Check the docs for recommended settings on the
.xemacs\init.el file.

Jason