[R] minimal requirement

Matej Cepl cepl at surfbest.net
Tue Apr 27 21:26:49 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 27 of April 2004 10:34, Ronaldo Reis Jr. wrote:
> what is the minimal hardware requirement for run R on windows
> 9x? and for run it in a linux with X and a light windowmanager?
> Not for hard use, only for learning.

I have hear AMD K6 300MhZ / 160 MB RAM and it runs like a charm
even with KDE (which is certainly not a light window manager). R
itself does not take much space but everything depends on your
data -- R takes everything into memory, so with 60MB crime data
I had to put everything into PostgreSQL and even then it is not
much fast.

Matej

--
Matej Cepl, http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way,
if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away -- and barefoot.
      -- J.D. Salinger
         The Catcher in the Rye