[R] parsing a data file

Tamas Papp tpapp at axelero.hu
Tue Apr 27 11:00:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

I need to parse a data file (output of a measuring device) of the
following format:

BEGIN RECORD [first record data] RECORD [second
record data] RECORD
[third record data]
END

Line breaks can (and do ;-() occur anywhere.  White space behaves very
much like TeX, eg it is not important whether there are one or more
spaces or linebreaks as long as there is one of them.  It is a text
file, not binary.

I need to extract the record data I marked with []'s, eg a vector such
as c("[first record data]", "[second]", ...) would be nice as a
result.

What functions should I use for this?

Thanks,

Tamas

--
Tamás K. Papp
E-mail: tpapp at axelero.hu
Please try to send only (latin-2) plain text, not HTML or other garbage.