[R] HTML help pages

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 22 17:55:03 CEST 2004

Unfortunately your suggested change to SearchEngine.html is not valid
JavaScript under Internet Explorer 6: at least APPLET appears to be
recognised under all commonly used browsers.

I found your Javascript search a lot slower under IE6 (and IE6 was a lot
slower than FireFox).  Not that I use IE6 if I can help it, but I suspect
more than 50% of users of R HTML help do.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk