[R] calling R from java

anthony.ferrari@ensimag.imag.fr ferraria at ensisun.imag.fr
Wed Apr 21 18:07:57 CEST 2004

Hello,

I need to call R from a java(swing) application. I manage to do it with
something like :

Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("R --slave")
OutputStreanWriter o = new OutputStreamWriter(p.getOutputStream())
o.wrote("...")
... etc

but at the end no .Rdata file has been created and there are some data I
don't want to reload each time (for time execution reasons).
So,
Is it possible when calling R from java to create a .Rdata file to save
data and as a consequence when recalling in the same directory not to have
to reload those data ?
 (Maybe the option --slave need to be changed ? )

many thanks for helping me

best regards,
af
anthony.ferrari at ensimag.imag.fr