[R] Non-Linear Regression Problem

WilDscOp wildscop at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 14:24:58 CEST 2004

Dear all,

First of all i like to thank specially Spencer Graves and Douglas Bates for
their kind help and suggestions. I estimated the parameter nicely.

But, for my previous posted problem, the rational of the following line
  R> fit0 <- lm(log(Y)~t-1, draper.data)
is not clear to me. How come this gives the initial value?

Any response / help / comment / suggestion / idea / web-link / replies will
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Mohammad Ehsanul Karim <wildscop at yahoo.com>
Institute of Statistical Research and Training
University of Dhaka, Dhaka- 1000, Bangladesh