[R] Windows startup question

Erich Neuwirth erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at
Mon Apr 12 13:06:43 CEST 2004

I would like to be able to double click on an R source file
and by that start R and have the file sourced in R.
I am using WinXP Pro.

So I created an association for file type R and tye following
Run action:
"C:\Program Files\R\rw1090beta\bin\Rgui.exe" R_PROFILE=%1

I have an R file with the following lines at the beginning.

library(vcd)
votes<-array(0,10*7*9*2)
dim(votes)<-c(10,7,9,2)

Double clicking this file (in Windows Explorer) starts R and then
produces the following output.

Attaching package 'vcd':

         The following object(s) are masked from package:base :

          print.summary.table summary.table

Error in dim(votes) <- c(10, 7, 9, 2) : cannot do complex assignments in
base namespace

So it seems the first 2 lines are executed,
the vector votes exists, but cannot be redimensioned as an array.

Can i make what I would like fully functional?

--
Erich Neuwirth, Computer Supported Didactics Working Group
Visit our SunSITE at http://sunsite.univie.ac.at