[R] missing values and survival analysis

Frank E Harrell Jr feh3k at spamcop.net
Mon Apr 12 12:54:11 CEST 2004

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 23:37:22 -0400
john.ferguson at yale.edu wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm analysing a survival analysis data set at the moment with missing
> values in the covariate and survival vectors (I have about 60
> variables).  I know there are some functions on the CRAN network to
> deal with missing values in general multivariate data.  Does anybody
> know of any package that deals with missing data specifically in the
> context of survival analysis.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> john.

Consider using the aregImpute function in the Hmisc package with
right-censored survival times by predicting baseline covariates using the
follow-up time, event indicator/censoring, and the product of the two,
using multiple imputation.  I am not comfortable with imputing follow-up
time and event indicators from covariates though.  If the follow-up time
is completely missing you might consider discarding the observation.

---