[R] multiple plots problem

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at gsf.de
Thu Apr 1 15:14:49 CEST 2004

> for testing & learning purposes I create X11 device and specify layout like
> layout(c(1,2,3), 3, 1), so I could play with parameters and see
> several plots at the same time. That works fine until I try to create 4-th
> plot - all other plots erased.

That's expected behaviour: you asked for three plots to be present on
your canvas.

> Such behaviour isn't desirable for testing purposes and I'm asking
> where to look to disable erasing other plots.

Two possible solutions - depending on what exactly you'd like to get:

Increase the size of the layout matrix to squeeze more plots on the
canvas or open a new device whenever you want a new window.

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel                            Tel.  +49-89-3187-3675
Institute for Bioinformatics / MIPS          Fax.  +49-89-3187-3585