[R] Zero Index Origin?

Bob Cain arcane at arcanemethods.com
Thu Apr 1 07:44:16 CEST 2004

Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> It would be interesting to see some sample code where origin 0 is supposed
> to make life easier, and to see what R experts to do make it even easier
> than that.

I think I will try and invite Robert Bristow Johnson into
this discussion.  He's one of the most respected voices in
DSP on the net and the most ardent critic of Matlab's 1
origin "problem" in DSP.  Interesting him in a project to
create a Matlike DSP package for R is one of the main
reasons I am inquiring about 0-origin.

Again, the more I get into this language (I just wish I
could suspend everything else I'm doing for the nonce) the
more I simply love it.

Bob

simpler."

                                              A. Einstein