[R] Logit reality check

Andrew Criswell arc at arcriswell.com
Sun Sep 28 17:06:16 CEST 2003

Hello all:

I've been given the following data and have been asked to run a logit
model using glm().  The variable, Y, is a proportion ranging from 0 to
1, X is a covariate.  Without a base number of observations from which Y
is computed as a proportion, I believe there is not sufficient information.

If I try the model below, R seems to grumble with a complaint.

glm(cbind(Y,1-Y) ~ X, family = binomial)

non-integer counts in a binomial glm! in: eval(expr, envir, enclos)

Am I correct to believe that more information is required?

Thanks,
ANDREW

             Y         X
 [1,]      0.40      41