[R] CRAN mirror - howto?

M.Kondrin mkondrin at hppi.troitsk.ru
Sat Sep 27 03:33:46 CEST 2003

Hello!
There is a group of administartors of Russian internet site
www.linuxportal.ru (this is mainly a forum for linux-users) who are
intended to host on this site mirrors of linux distributions and open
source software with http and ftp access. I have proposed to them to
open there a CRAN mirror, making a point what this site would be a first
R mirror in .ru domain, and they seems to accept the idea.
Wouldn't you explain what is the procedure of opening of "official" CRAN
mirror (i.e. site listed among CRAN mirrors on cran.r-project.org page)
or whom I should contact with. I can not find this information on main R
site.