[R] Problem with memory for large datasets

ZABALZA-MEZGHANI Isabelle Isabelle.ZABALZA-MEZGHANI at ifp.fr
Wed Sep 24 17:27:00 CEST 2003

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a possibility to "clean" the R memory
during a R session. In fact, I realize a lot of instruction with large
objects (matrix of 500*5000), and I can not manage to achieve the end of my
script due to memory lack. Of course, I've tried to remove all "temporary
object" during the script execution and to perform a garbage collector ...
But it seems to have no effect ...

Any idea to solve this problem without an exit from R ?

Regards

Isabelle

Isabelle Zabalza-Mezghani
IFP - Reservoir Engineering Department