[R] R binary version for 1.6.2

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Sep 24 14:56:38 CEST 2003

ZABALZA-MEZGHANI Isabelle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know where I can find a Windows binary version of R 1.6.2,
> since I want to test the last SJava library (which has been built under
> 1.6.2) which does not work on R 1.7.1
> I've already search on the CRAN web site but on the r1070 page, if I click
> on 'old', I get an error.
 >
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Isabelle

The Windows binary version of R-1.6.2 is no longer available on CRAN.
Nevertheless, http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/1.7/ReadMe
tells us:

"The packages
   SJava, XML, netCDF, and xgobi
do not build out of the box. Nevertheless these are available at
   http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin
kindly provided by Professor Brian D. Ripley."

So you *can* get a binary version of the SJava *package* for R-1.7.x.

Uwe Ligges