[R] indexing, subsets, or: not willing to read a manual; was: (no subject)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Sep 22 14:44:39 CEST 2003

Roberto Basile wrote:
> Hi, I have a problem to understand the use of subsets of data while running a regression model.

So, why don't you read a manual or some help pages?
Since you already talked about subsets, I would have taken a look at
?subset which points you also to ?"["

Please use a sensible subject when posting to a list.

> In particular, I am using sm.regression with these commands
>
> plot(lndip96,gdip,col=1,type= "n")
> sm.regression(add=T,lndip96,gdip)

BTW: Strange ordered arguments, here.

> and I must run this model for two subsets of the data; in particular for lndip<=2.7 and for lndip>2.7.

What about indexing with, e.g.
  YourVector[lndip <= 2.7]

Uwe Ligges