[R] R installation

Jason Skelton jps at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Sep 22 14:36:07 CEST 2003

Hi

further to my upgrade question
thanks for pointing me in the right direction any ideas how I get round
the following problem:

I'm trying to install on a Tru64 alpha

ecs1h[jps]69: make
`Makedeps' is up to date.
`libappl.a' is up to date.
`Makedeps' is up to date.
`libnmath.a' is up to date.
`Makedeps' is up to date.
`libunix.a' is up to date.
`Makedeps' is up to date.
`libbz2.a' is up to date.
`Makedeps' is up to date.
`libpcre.a' is up to date.
`Makedeps' is up to date.
`R.bin' is up to date.
`Makedeps' is up to date.
`R_X11.so' is up to date.
`Makedeps' is up to date.
`internet.so' is up to date.
`Makedeps' is up to date.
`libRlapack.so' is up to date.
../../../bin/libRlapack.so is unchanged
`lapack.so' is up to date.
`Makedeps' is up to date.
`vfonts.so' is up to date.
building system startup profile
building package 'base'
../../../library/base/R/base is unchanged
../../../library/base/man/base.Rd is unchanged
building package 'ctest'
../../../library/ctest/R/ctest is unchanged
../../../library/ctest/man/ctest.Rd is unchanged
Make: Cannot open ../../../../share/make/../../../../etc/Makeconf.  Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.

there is a Makeconf file in the directory I'm trying to install from

/OSF1/R-1.7.1
ecs1h[jps]71: ls
AUTHORS        ChangeLog      Makefile       NEWS           VERSION
    bin            configure.ac   include        share
BUGS           FAQ            Makefile.in    ONEWS          Y2K
    config.log     date-stamp     library        so_locations
COPYING        INSTALL        Makefrag.cc    README         acinclude.m4
   config.site    debian         libtool        src
COPYING.LIB    Makeconf       Makefrag.cxx   RESOURCES      aclocal.m4
    config.status  doc            m4             tests
COPYRIGHTS     Makeconf.in    Makefrag.f77   THANKS         afm
    configure      etc            modules        tools

thanks

J.

Jason Skelton
Pathogen Microarrays